How was your weekend? I hope ya'll had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed your Sunday! A little fun fact for ya'll about this past Friday, did you know that it was the last Friday the 13th of entire year? Yes you read that right, the last Friday the 13th of 2012 has come and gone. Pretty unbelievable to think that we are more than half way through 2012!
I spent this past week in St. Simon's Island in Georgia with my parents and grandfather and had a wonderful vacation! Below are just a few pictures from the trip. On a side note, if you haven't tried boiled peanuts, they are amazing and addictive and you must try them out sometime. Delicious! I prefer them with a little spicy kick myself, so if you happen to have a good recipe or know where I could find one for boiled peanuts with a little kick, let me know because I'd love to try them out!
Did you happen to notice both my mom & I practicing our "hand on the hip pose" and I'm just not sure I'm loving the super pageant like look of it now that I'm seeing it online. Seriously though, how in the world do ya'll pose in pictures and achieve a balance between not looking super awkward (a.k.a. the hand on hip pose my mom & I demonstrate above) while at the same time not pressing your arm against the side of your body, which for the record will not look good on anyone, ever. Do ya'll have any tips for looking your best in photos? Do tell, I'm clearly in need of them!
Finally, a few of my favorites from around the web this past week:
- Tonight on 60 minutes, a great revelation by Steve Jobs' that one of his defining moments came as a kid when his parents told him regarding being adopted that he was not just abandoned, but chosen by them to be their son. Check out the entire recap here.
- You won't believe what they've turned into wi-fi hotspots here in NYC now. What will they think of next?
- I can never have enough arm candy, and these bracelets are the perfect addition to my growing collection of fabulous bracelets, not to mention a great deal!
- An interesting article on making friends as you get older from the NY Times, particularly the finding by scientists of the three conditions "considered crucial to making close friends: proximity; repeated, unplanned interactions; and a setting that encourages people to let their guard down and confide in each other."
- I'm dying to do this next month here in NYC, but it appears to already be sold out, so sad! The Color Run is described as the happiest 5K on the planet, with the only rules being that you wear white, and prepare to get head-to-running shoes covered in what they call "magical color dust", have ya'll heard of this? Sign me up, ASAP!